Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weigh In - Week 3

Well after a disappointing and discouraging weigh in on the second week the scale was kinder to me on my third weigh in.  I lost two pounds so now I'm down a total of 3 1/2 lbs in three weeks.

No complaints but it sure is a far cry from my youth when I would lose 5 lbs in one week!  It's a tough battle to lose the weight but staying on the program is quite easy, I'm finding.  As long as I graze throughout the day I never feel hungry or crave something bad just to satisfy my hunger.  I think that this will be my key to success, along with the planning.  

Yesterday was my first "solo" day.  I didn't really plan my day but I knew what I was having for breakfast and snack, and knew that I was going out for lunch and for dinner.  I had a reasonable idea of the points I'd be consuming at dinner but I winged it at lunch as I didn't actually have a plan and when I did know where I was going I didn't have any time to research my options ahead of time.

In the end we went for Vietnamese and I had the vermecelli bowl which is one of my favourites and I would choose this over McDonald's any day.   For dinner that night I had Thai - I purposely chose dishes that were in my Weight Watcher's Dining Out Companion so that it would be easy.  And honestly, it was fantastic!  Not only the food, but spending 3 hours with girlfriends talking about everything from books we've read, to challenges with having a toddler, to Weight Watchers and healthy eating.  It really was a great night all around.

Three of the six of us are following Weight Watchers at the moment and one of us has hit a bit of a wall with her weight loss.  She found this website for The Wendie Plan that talks about mixing up the number of points you have each day, which in essence confuses your body not to expect a certain number of calories every day.  Since starting it she lost 5 lbs almost immediately.  Here is the link to the website.  I think I may try this approach if I find that I stall in my efforts as well.

0 comments: