Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dinner

This year I decided to go non-traditional with our Easter Dinner. Normally I do the full gluttonous spread including turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, maple glazed sweet potatoes, and whatever vegetable I feel like cooking. As you can see, the green stuff was not high on my menu priority list in the past, but since I am now following the Weight Watchers plan with successful results, I was challenged to come up with something equally tasty but less food coma-inducing.

I researched chicken and turkey recipes and found one that had a pineapple and orange juice glaze. That flavour combination appealed and so our Easter menu was born.

Our first course was a succulent salad of spring greens, red pepper, green onions, blackberries and goat cheese, with a low fat raspberry balsamic vinaigrette.






For our main course we had a choice of baked chicken breast or salmon with a pineapple orange teryaki glaze, served with pineapple salsa, roasted cauliflower and sweet potato wedges.


There was no dessert, but that's okay. This was lunch. I will probably enjoy a small treat with a glass of milk after dinner tonight. I also have two cantaloupes ripening in the fruit bowl - I can't wait for them to be ready. YUM!


I hope that everyone is enjoying a wonderful Easter or Passover with their loved ones. Mine was wonderful on two counts - quality time spent with my loved ones and a meal that was both delicious, satisfying and healthy. What more could I ask for?

1 comments:

Laura said...

That meal looks and sounds delish!!!!!

Happy Easter my friend!