Sunday, May 4, 2008

T Minus 38 hrs, 12 minutes

It's 10:18 pm on Sunday night. My biopsy is scheduled for 12:30 on Tuesday afternoon. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. The first cause of my nervousness has to do with the discomfort or even pain I may experience on Tuesday. The second is the "elephant in the room" - the results. Although I don't know anything yet and the odds are I have nothing to worry about, I find I am noticing everything that is cancer related and thinking about what my experience will be.

Last night I saw a lady who looked like she must be going through chemotherapy. I saw her patchy hair and my heart skipped a beat. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my hair. How would I manage if that were me? What will I do if it is my fate?

Today I drove past the Tour Nortel route. Another cancer related fundraising event. Coincidence or am I just hyper aware of all that is cancer related because of my lump? I think about what it might be like as a single woman and having to lose my breast. Who could love me without something that is a major part of my identity?

This being said I'm surrounded by so much love, positive energy and good wishes it's hard to believe that I could have anything but a good result from the biopsy; but that doesn't mean my mind will let escape thinking of the possibilities in the event that it is the other result.

So many women have fought this battle and survived. These are the most amazing women I've ever met. Would I have the strength to do what they have done? Fear is gripping me in flashes but for the most part I'm doing okay. How can I not be okay with this incredible support system? Like I said in my previous blog, I'm not ready to leave this world. I still have this need to make a difference and I haven't even begun to try.

So.... I'm saying it now. I refuse to let this stop me no matter what results I get on May 14th.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Sending you all the love and support and positive vibes I can.

Love you lots.

3XMom said...

Sending good vibes to you as well! Hang in there!

L said...

I'm saying prayers and sending tons of positive vibes!

Kellan said...

Hi Sue - I have come over from Laura's site to wish you luck and love - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - Best Wishes and God Bless - Kellan

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Oh Sue, I am visiting here from Laura's and I wanted to say that I will be praying for you tomorrow afternoon as you go for your test and right now for peace in your heart.

Karen MEG said...

I just came over by Laura's site and want to wish you luck. Sending you lots of positive energy, I'll be thinking about you today.

Karen

Janet said...

Came from laura's too...

Wishing you well and sending positive thoughts your way.

Kat said...

Sending you lots of good vibes and prayers.

I'm over from Laura's blog. :)

ALF said...

Came over from Laura's blog...

Will be thinking of you and sending any good vibes I can find.

imbeingheldhostage said...

I came through Laura's blog and wanted to send you warm wishes and prayers!