Monday, September 1, 2008

I've Become A Scammer Magnet!!!

Tonight I was online and a guy sends me a message with a photo attached. Right away I'm suspicious because the guy is WAY too good looking and the photo looks like something from Hollywood. I questioned the guy on the photo and he said he used to some modelling. What came next was interesting...read the exchange:


The first email was his reply to my first reply. This is the picture he attached





















Following is the chain of emails that ensued. Note how he tries to play on potentially low self esteem:

Me: Tell me about where your photo was taken. It looks interesting... like an Italian movie star!

Him: well i am indian.

Me: That's fine. I am just curious about the photo. It's not your typical "guy on a motorcycle" or "guy flipping burgers" kind of photo that I'm used to seeing online. It looks like there's an interesting story there. :-)

Him: i tried to do modelling but too much competition.i got these pics taken a yr back.if u want other pics of me without clothes let me know

Me: No thanks.

Him: u thought i was serious

Me: I guess I'm having a hard time reading you! lol

Him: why r u trying to read me.and i am a good poker player so i dont think u can.just ask me and i will tell u.i know what u r thinking,why is this good looking guy even sending messages to me.is this his real pic or he got it from the internet. right. i can tell u even more things that u will not believe

Me: Well yep, you've pretty much nailed it right there. What else can you tell me that you don't think I'll believe?

Him: i feel u have inferiority complex about yourself.i dont know why.u have a beautiful face and u r a intelligent women.i think u been through a lot of friendships with men and never could hold on to someone u liked or loved................ u dont trust guys...so whenever someone approaches u,u want to find out why.maybe he will use me and go away.but let me tell u that everybody is not same

Me: That's not it at all. I know all kinds of people have all different tastes in what they find attractive, however I recently spend some time chatting to someone who turned out to be a scammer. Right now I don't trust anyone for that reason. My trust needs to be earned - I no longer give it freely and my self esteem is quite solid.


After this he stopped corresponding. Again, trusting my spider senses I Googled Bollywood actors and on my second hit I found the photo of the actor Harman Baweja. Check the link: http://www.bollywoodworld.ca/bwgallery/displayimage-lastup-7-6.html

0 comments: